Amending and resubmitting ads requires us to duplicate compliance procedures. Submissions need to be processed and checked by our ingest team for flashing, supers, and claims. Copy Clearance staff also need to ensure compliance against script submissions and previous ads for approval.
We’re committed to turnaround times and when ads are resubmitted with cosmetic changes, our workload increases and can slow down the normal service we provide. Even if a change is very small, we have to go through the same compliance process to check that newly submitted ads comply in full.
We reserve the right to charge for duplication of edits. Duplicating submissions may incur a fee of £250 (ex VAT) for each additional clock.
The charge is for duplicate clocks and additional clocks with only cosmetic amendments. These are changes that neither we nor broadcasters require and that are not materially significant.
The following highlights examples of the type of changes likely to be charged for. This is not an exhaustive list:
- Changes to the grading of an ad
- A change of VO artist (unless forced for contractual reasons)
- Changes to the audio in an ad e.g. volume adjustment
Below are examples of material changes unlikely to be charged for:
1. Changes to claims in the ad or pricing
2. Changing soundtrack or music
3. Removal of the word “new”
4. Changes in offer dates
5. Where logos are updated with a date or rating
6. Resubmitting an ad from a different agency
Ideally, we don’t want to charge anyone for resubmitting clocks, so we hope this has been a useful prompt going forward. If you are in any doubt please contact our Helpdesk help.clearcast.co.uk, before resubmitting.