The remote support tool is multi-platform so can be run on both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
and allows Clearcast staff to view other users’ screens, with their permission, to offer support. Some
of the stages below may vary but not greatly.
When we connect to your computer please be aware we can see any document, email or pictures
you may have open so please ensure any sensitive information is minimised or closed before you
To start the remote support session:
1. Click here to download the support tool.
2. If prompted, click "Run”. Otherwise find the application in your downloads and run from
3. If prompted with a security warning click "Run"
4. Read the disclaimer below and if you agree click "Accept". If you are unable to accept the
terms click “Decline” to end the session (at this point no connection will have been made).
5. You will be asked by a Clearcast representative for your ID and password, please provide
these exactly. Below is an example or an example of what to expect.
6. The Clearcast representative will now initiate a connection and take control of your
computer, you can take back control of the mouse or keyboard at any time.
7. You can disconnect the session at any time by clicking the cross in the team viewer app on
your screen, highlighted in red below.
By clicking "Accept" I agree to run this application to allow Clearcast temporary control of my computer
and that I can at any stage end the session by closing this application down.
I understand that Clearcast will only be using this application to demonstrate the submissions process and other issues solely related to Copy Clearance. Once a session is closed, Clearcast will no longer have accessto my computer and no residual software will remain.
I accept that Clearcast will not be responsible for any damage to my computer resulting from accepting the use of this software on my computer